Friday, August 07, 2009

Coffee with Cleaver tomorrow

Tomorrow morning we will have our 52nd monthly Coffee with Cleaver in Lee’s Summit. The event, as always, is a chance for you to talk one-on-one with me about whatever issue is on your mind.

My understanding is that there will be folks at the Coffee representing views on both sides of the health care debate. Civil debate and vigorous dialogue are part of the fabric of our nation and I welcome all who will join me in Lee’s Summit tomorrow.

This coffee, like the ones before it, will be a chance for people to talk with me personally about whatever issue is concerning to them, whether that be health care or not. We have never had protestors at one of our Coffees, but I am sure they will be respectful. Civility is valued by the people of our District. I am confident that the importance we place on meaningful conversation is the reason our Coffees have been so successful all these years.

I hope to see you tomorrow for August’s Coffee with Cleaver:

Tomorrow, August 8, 2009
JP Coffee
3390 SW Fascination Dr.
Lee's Summit, MO
8-10 AM